Jephthah Bowoto is the true name of popular Nigerian comedian Akpororo. Despite the fact that he was born on June 3rd, 1989 and grew up in Warri, Delta State.
He is from Ilaje in Ondo state. Before joining other big wigs in the entertainment sector, Akpororo began his career as a local gospel performer. It wasn’t always easy for him, since he auditioned for and was rejected from several comedy competitions.
List Of Top 10 Facts About Comedian Akpororo:
In 2009, Akpororo competed for the “AY Open mic” prize, but lost because the audience yelled “WAKA” before he spoke the last “Joke.” He did not give up and tried again.
1. Akpororo rose to prominence during his second appearance at Basketmouth’s Laff and Jam concert in Ikoyi. He came out on top of the competition in that program. Later, Akpororo collaborated with other renowned Nigerian comedians to take stand-up comedy to a new level. He has also dabbled in acting, appearing in a film produced by Sound Sultan. Alibaba, Eniola Badmos, Zack Orji, and even Tuface Idibia appeared in the film.
2. Akpororo’s net worth is expected to be $5 million in 2022, based on the assets he has collected, sponsorships, and shows he has obtained at a relatively young age in the entertainment business. He presently owns a Range Rover SUV, which is said to be valued more than N5 million.
3. His comedy program “Akpororo vs Akpororo” reportedly earns him millions of Naira every year. He is also an official ambassador for Nigeria’s telecoms powerhouse, Airtel.
4. Aside from humor, Akpororo is a Christian singer. He is also known to play for large churches like as HICC, HGCC in Lagos, COZA in Abuja, The Rock Cathedral, and many more, bringing smiles to people’s faces while worshipping God via his music.
5. He attributes his success and advancement in the industry to always putting God first. He is alleged to charge between N1 million and N2 million for concerts.
6. The popular Nigerian comedian is married to Josephine Abraham and a student at Lagos State University (LASU).
7. He is a gregarious person who has outperformed many of his colleagues who entered the game before him. He is now pursuing a degree in sociology. He and his wife, Josephine, were blessed with children.
Akpororo’s Awards & Nominations
- In 2014, Akpororo won the best comedian of the year at the Naija FM Comedy Awards event.
- In 2015, He was nominated for Comedy act of the year, and won the Best Comic Act of the year in 2015 at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards event.
- In 2015 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards, Akpororo was nominated for both the Best New Actor and Best Comedic Act.
- In 2014 BEN Television Awards, he was nominated for Comedian of the year.
- In 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, he was nominated for Best Actor in Comedy.